1. Much petrol is consumed in Vietnam due to long distance travelling (through cars, motorcycles and/or boats)
For example, the family living in the Can Gio Biosphere needs to spend more than half his income (8 000 000 dong) on petrol alone to and from the city.
2. The government is doing much to encourage the protection of natural environment as well as getting the attention of locals towards such areas and its importance.
For example, the government "hires" people to take care of an area of the Biosphere. Also, the government lays down strict laws against the destruction of the environment. The former act is not common in many other countries, especially developed ones.
3. The behaviour and mindset of locals is largely dependent on the physical environment as well as the history of the area.
- Locals living in the north of Vietnam (Hanoi area) tend to be ore traditional and conservative due to their long history.
- Contradictory, locals living in the south of Vietnam (Can Gio area) are happier more generous and carefree because of the abundance of crops and plants in the area.
- Being in the centre of Vietnam, the locals experience more floods and hurricanes, caused by the sea winds bringing more moisture into the air in that area. Hence, the people are more hardworking and industrious so that they can earn money for rebuilding infrastructure and saving lives of family members.
|Image taken on May 25, 2011, at Can Gio, by Lim Hao Yang|