1. To discover the relationship between cultural influences and the architectural development in South Vietnam
2. To have a deeper understanding of urban planning issues and the interplay of the matrices of determinants involving physical attributes, commercial feasibility, social fabrics as well as political factors in particular relating to Generation Z (Those born between the early 1990s and the early 2000s).
3. To be aware of the impact of rapid urbanization on the environment and the need for sustainable development in the urban planning process.
4. To gain an insight of Singapore’s strengths in urban planning and sustainable environmental management skill-sets
Friday, May 27, 2011
Day 3 Reflection - Davina
Red symbolizes Confucianism ; Blue symbolizes Taoism ; Yellow symbolizes Buddhism.
The left eye is a symbol for this religion as the left eye is the closest to the heart.
- Chu Chi Tunnel is self sustaining , having meeting rooms, hospitals, dinning area even
a kitchen which is connected to a filter system so that the smoke that was created during
the process of cooking could not be seen by the enemy.
- Chu Chi Tunnel was built during the war time it aided the vietnamese who were less technologically advance to fight against the americans. Certain parts of the tunnel were crafted so small that only the small sized vietnamese could pass through.