- District 1 and 3 are considered as old cities
- 2, 4 and 7 are developing districts. (District 4 used to be the “Mafia” district)
- 5 is known as the Chinatown
2. Rocket houses/Pencil-like houses
- These architecture are narrow and long
- They are built in such a way as the people are taxed on the width of their building at the street. Thus they minimized their building lot at the street but make it longer inside.
- Buildings have influence from past occupiers in Vietnam. They are mostly heavily influenced by the French. Arches, intricate and elaborate designs can be found on some buildings.
3. The common sight of motorcycles
- Vietnamese use motorcycles as it has higher movability on roads
- The law of using helmets was only introduced 5 years ago.
- The government control the number of bikes on the road through the use of contract.
- People find the use of helmets very hindering as it messes their hair. Thus they only ensure that they have something on their head. (Exp hats or caps instead of helmets)